Deans and Associate Deans Learning & Teaching, and other Faculty learning and teaching leaders came together at Monash University in Melbourne’s CBD on 17 and 18 July 2017. Many thanks to all the presenters, the participants, and in particular the conference organisers: Tina Overton, Chris Thompson and Cristina Varsavsky, for an inspiring and thought provoking meeting.
- Prof Darrell Evans (DVCA, Newcastle)
Innovation in science T&L: leading uptake beyond individual innovators
- Dr Chris Thompson (ADE, Monash)
- Prof Teri Balser (Dean T&L, Curtin) Presentation
- Professor Adam Bridgeman (Director, Educational Innovation, Sydney) Presentation
Supporting sessional staff:
- Prof Tina Overton (Monash)
- A Prof Mauro Mocerino (Curtin) Presentation
- Aishling Flaherty (Limerick)
- A Prof Gerry Rayner (Monash) Presentation
Panel discussion: Pathways for leaders in science education: What kind of roles are available?
- Prof Cristina Varsavsky (Int Dean, Monash)
- Prof Jo Ward (Dean, Curtin)
- Dr Barbie Panther (AD T&L, Federation)
- Prof Brian Yates (Dean, Tasmania)
- Professor Adam Bridgeman, (Director, Educational Innovation, Sydney)
Partnership for work integrated learning:
- Prof Amanda Henderson (OLT National Senior Teaching Fellow) Presentation
- Prof Liz Johnson (PVC L&T, Deakin)
First year in science network: What should its focus be?
- A Prof Deb King (ADE, Melbourne)
Hot topics for leaders in science education:
- Dr Chris Thompson (ADE, Monash) Presentation