Science and mathematics teaching and learning for the 21st century
The Australian Conference on Science and Mathematics Education (ACSME) is for tertiary science and mathematics educators to share ideas and keep up to date. This conference encompasses biological sciences, chemistry, geosciences, health sciences, information technology, learning and cognitive sciences, mathematics and statistics, molecular and microbial sciences, physics and psychology as well as the various fields of the applied sciences. As usual, a Discipline Day will be attached to the Conference.
Date and location
The Conference will be held on Wednesday 27 September and Thursday 28 September 2017 at Monash University in Clayton, Melbourne, Australia. The Discipline day will be held on Friday 29 September 2017, also at Monash University Clayton Campus
The theme this year is: Science and mathematics teaching and learning for the 21st century.
This might include new ways of engaging students in and outside the classroom and/or lab, curriculum design, graduate outcomes, work integrated learning.
Conference local organising team
- Tina Overton, Monash University
- Chris Thompson, Monash University
- Cristina Varsavsky, Monash University
- Tina Overton (Chair), Monash University
- Deb King, Melbourne University
- Barbie Panther, Federation University
- David Hoxley, LaTrobe University
- Yvonne Hodgson, Monash University
- Jan West, Deakin University