The ACDS commissions and supports studies of particular importance to leadership in science and maths education.
A full list of publications related to the ACDS WIL in Science projects is available here.
Successful WIL in Science: Final project report 2016 – 2018 – now published!
Successful WIL in Science Project, funded by The Office of Teaching and Learning, has been a national project designed to improve the employability of future graduates in science and mathematics, by increasing access to and participation in WIL.
WIL in Science: Leadership for WIL Final project report 2015 – 2016
The WIL in Science: Leadership for WIL project was funded by the Office of the Chief Scientist. This project has established a national network of science WIL leaders, created a national conversation among science faculties and schools about WIL in science degrees, begun the task of building capacity to design and deliver WIL programs, and trialled approaches to WIL program development.
Case Studies of Successful WIL
The Case Studies of Successful WIL have been prepared by The Lighthouse Projects which were sponsored by the ACDS WIL in Science project (2015 – 2016) and funded by the Office of the Chief Scientist.
Recent ACDS TL Centre publications:
- Quality and Standards for Work Integrated Learning
- Evidence-based practice in learning and teaching for STEM disciplines
Recent ACDS publications:
- Science Staffing University science in the twenty-first century – Dobson (2014)
- Demonstrator Development: Preparing for the learning lab – O’Toole (2012)
- A Background in Science – Harris (2012)
- Tertiary Science in the 21st century – Rice, Thomas, O’Toole (2009)
- Science Good Practice Guide 2013 TLO1: Understanding Science
- Science Good Practice Guide 2013 TLO2: Scientific Knowledge
- Science Good Practice Guide 2013 TLO3: Inquiry and Problem-solving
- Science Good Practice Guide 2013 TLO4: Communication
- Science Good Practice Guide 2013 TLO5: Personal and Professional Responsibility
ACDS TL Newsletters Archive
- May 28, 2020 : ACSME submissions extended
- April 28, 2020 : ACSME 2020 is going online
- February 28, 2020 : Science & Maths Teaching and Learning News -- February 2020
- December 16, 2019 : Science & Maths Teaching and Learning News -- December 2019
- October 7, 2019 : Science & Maths Teaching and Learning News -- October 2019
- August 18, 2019 : Science & Maths Teaching and Learning News -- August 2019
- August 12, 2019 : ACSME 2019 Program now online - and earlybird rate extended to 16 August
- June 26, 2019 : Final reminder: ACSME submissions closing this Friday 28 June at midnight!
- June 25, 2019 : Issue 19 of Science & Maths TL News: July 2019
- June 24, 2019 : ACSME is celebrating 25 years!
- May 29, 2019 : ACSME 2019 submissions & registration now open!
- April 17, 2019 : Issue 18 of Science & Maths TL News: April & May 2019
- February 1, 2019 : Issue 17 of Science & Maths TL News: February 2019
- November 23, 2018 : Issue 16 of Science & Maths TL News: November - December 2018
- September 10, 2018 : Issue 15 of Science & Maths TL News: September 2018
- August 1, 2018 : Issue 14 of Science & Maths TL News: August 2018
- May 2, 2018 : Issue 13 of Science & Maths TL News: May 2018
- February 20, 2018 : Issue 12 of Science & Maths TL News: February 2018
- November 16, 2017 : Issue 11 of Science & Maths TL News: November 2017
- July 31, 2017 : Issue 10 of Science & Maths TL News: August 2017
- May 24, 2017 : Issue 9 of Science & Maths TL News: May/June 2017
- April 12, 2017 : Issue 8 of Science & Maths TL News: April 2017
- February 2, 2017 : Issue 7 of Science & Maths TL News: January/February 2017
- November 10, 2016 : Issue 6 of Science & Maths TL News: November 2016
- September 14, 2016 : Issue 5 of Science & Maths TL News: September 2016
- August 5, 2016 : Issue 4 of Science & Maths TL News: July/August 2016
- August 3, 2016 : The 22nd UniServe Science Conference
- June 7, 2016 : Issue 3 of Science & Maths TL News: May/June 2016
- June 6, 2016 : ACSME Submission Deadline DUE NOW. Short extension is available to Monday June 13th.
- May 12, 2016 : ACSME conference registration now open
- April 19, 2016 : ACDS Teaching and Learning Centre: April Newsletter
Oops! There are no newsletters to display.