The ACDS commissions and supports studies of particular importance to leadership in science and maths education.
WIL in Science: Leadership for WIL Final project report 2015 – 2016
The WIL in Science: Leadership for WIL project was funded by the Office of the Chief Scientist. This project has established a national network of science WIL leaders, created a national conversation among science faculties and schools about WIL in science degrees, begun the task of building capacity to design and deliver WIL programs, and trialled approaches to WIL program development.
Case Studies of Successful WIL
The Case Studies of Successful WIL have been prepared by The Lighthouse Projects which were sponsored by the ACDS WIL in Science project (2015 – 2016) and funded by the Office of the Chief Scientist.
Recent ACDS TL Centre publications:
Recent ACDS publications:
- Science Staffing University science in the twenty-first century – Dobson (2014)
- Demonstrator Development: Preparing for the learning lab – O’Toole (2012)
- A Background in Science – Harris (2012)
- Tertiary Science in the 21st century – Rice, Thomas, O’Toole (2009)
- Science Good Practice Guide 2013 TLO1: Understanding Science
- Science Good Practice Guide 2013 TLO2: Scientific Knowledge
- Science Good Practice Guide 2013 TLO3: Inquiry and Problem-solving
- Science Good Practice Guide 2013 TLO4: Communication
- Science Good Practice Guide 2013 TLO5: Personal and Professional Responsibility
ACDS TL Newsletters Archive
- February 20, 2018 : Issue 12 of Science & Maths TL News: February 2018
- November 16, 2017 : Issue 11 of Science & Maths TL News: November 2017
- July 31, 2017 : Issue 10 of Science & Maths TL News: August 2017
- May 24, 2017 : Issue 9 of Science & Maths TL News: May/June 2017
- April 12, 2017 : Issue 8 of Science & Maths TL News: April 2017
- February 2, 2017 : Issue 7 of Science & Maths TL News: January/February 2017
- November 10, 2016 : Issue 6 of Science & Maths TL News: November 2016
- September 14, 2016 : Issue 5 of Science & Maths TL News: September 2016
- August 5, 2016 : Issue 4 of Science & Maths TL News: July/August 2016
- August 3, 2016 : The 22nd UniServe Science Conference
- June 7, 2016 : Issue 3 of Science & Maths TL News: May/June 2016
- June 6, 2016 : ACSME Submission Deadline DUE NOW. Short extension is available to Monday June 13th.
- May 12, 2016 : ACSME conference registration now open
- April 19, 2016 : ACDS Teaching and Learning Centre: April Newsletter
Oops! There are no newsletters to display.