Congratulations to Professor Pauline Ross who has presented the final report of her Office for Learning and Teaching Fellowship. The final report shows that in STEM the challenge for an education-focused academic is to retain expertise and research currency. To address many of the challenges facing the academic workforce in science, a productive partnership between education and research-focused academics and education researchers was proposed, among other solutions.
- ACDS Fellowship update
- Performance in first year mathematics and science subjects in Australian universities: Does senior secondary mathematics background matter?
- Initiatives of Australian universities to increase Indigenous student enrolment in and completion of science courses
- WIL in science: are we making progress?
- ACSME 2019: It’s a wrap!
- New ACDS project: Indigenous science resources
- How does gender affect the experience of science students?
- The changing nature of the academic role in science